Luna Park Sydney is many things to many people. Today the famous 1930s-era amusement park is complemented by five-star function and wedding venues, an entertainment arena and a variety of deluxe brasserie and bar offerings.
Behind the scenes there is an amazing team. In 2013, Luna Park Sydney was selected as the State Winner of the 'Employer of Choice' category of the NSW Business Chamber Awards.
If you are interested in joining the fun of Luna Park, the team are always on the lookout for new members across various roles. For more information on current vacancies, please see below. Alternatively, if you would like to speak to someone about recruitment call the team on (02) 9033 7636.
Luna Park Sydney Job Vacancies
Luna Park Sydney is one of Australia’s most iconic and recognisable brands, enjoying breathtaking views of spectacular Sydney harbour. It is where guests are invited to experience the magic of a unique and beautifully restored 1930’s art deco amusement park, harbourside dining indulgence and live entertainment. Proudly boasting numerous awards, we cater for a diverse range of events including; concerts, live shows, weddings, corporate functions, conferences and exhibitions.
About the role:
We are seeking a full-time Fitter extraordinaire with strong industrial experience to complement our growing Maintenance team. This “Hands-on” role provides a wide range of maintenance services with a key focus on the preventative, corrective and breakdown maintenance on mechanical equipment. Additionally, you will be required to assist with tasks outside of your trade but within your scope of experience and training; such as conducting rides checks.
To be successful you will require:
- Recognised Australian qualifications as a Fitter with relevant experience including fault finding and root cause analysis to rectify faults
- To be comfortable working at heights
- A demonstrated commitment to safety and awareness of WH&S procedures
- A willingness to work full-time hours over 4 days per week, with a rotating roster spread over 7 days. Shift patterns will include weekdays and weekend cycles with some afternoon/evening work.
- A knowledge of computerised maintenance management systems
- EWP and forklift license
If you are enthusiastic, reliable, display a positive attitude and believe Luna Park is your employer of choice, we would love to hear from you. We offer a range of social opportunities, great staff discounts, team events and a unique working environment with a culture that supports each other and exists to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical before a formal offer is made. Immediate start available.
Luna Park Sydney, your one-stop hub of entertainment is located on the gorgeous Sydney Harbour at Milsons Point. We are on the hunt for an experienced Marketing Manager to take control of the full marketing spectrum including traditional ATL and BTL in all its forms.
You will be:
- Well versed in Social Media, both print and electronic advertising and PR
- Fully aware of B2C promotions and the reporting thereof
- Confidently and articulately able to negotiate with suppliers and sponsors
- Able to take responsibility for multiple websites, including the main Luna Park site
- Experienced in managing all print collateral and external signage
- Confident, with some assistance, in being able to prepare and report to a multimillion-dollar budget
- A member of Senior Management and therefore it is essential that you are able to communicate as such
- Experienced in managing a team of marketing specialists and providing mentorship
You will have:
- Recent experience within either the entertainment, travel or retail industry
- Either a formal marketing qualification or be able to clearly demonstrate that your past experience has led to successful results
Before applying it is imperative that you are able to meet each and every one of the criteria above. We want to hear from experienced Marketers who are passionate about their career.
Marketing knowledge and flair…we want to see that shine through in your application. If you believe you can make a dedicated contribution and have a comprehensive understanding of the role then respond to me, Warwick Doughty; your Marketing Director. I will be your new boss and at times I may be a pushover; but not when it comes to hiring the right person!
Situated on stunning Sydney harbour with the Bridge and Opera House in view, Luna Park Sydney epitomises the slogan “Just for Fun” and is a unique workplace where everyone plays a part in delivering our guests memorable experiences. We are an award winning, leading entertainment precinct offering 5-star facilities.
Private Parties, School Groups and Vacation Care are key products within the Luna Park business. With hundreds catered for each year, the Group Sales Coordinator is a crucial role within our sales team.
About the role:
Working in close association with the Sales team, you will primarily be responsible for the development, coordination, administration, promotion and delivery of the Private parties, school bookings and vacation care.
This role incorporates high-level client contact from sale confirmation through to the actual event, ensuring client expectations are met. Regular coordination and communication across other departments within Luna Park as well as providing administration and sales support to the Sales team will form part of your daily activity.
This full-time role requires you to be available from Tuesday to Saturday.
Essentially you will be highly customer service focused, creative and entrepreneurial, at all times advocating Luna Park as Sydney’s premier party venue and creating extraordinary experiences for our guests.
- Demonstrated expertise in a similar role, with both sales and customer service experience
- Have a proven track record in exceeding revenue targets and identifying growth within existing and new business
- Possess a natural ability to connect and quickly build rapport with a broad range of people
- Be a strong team player
- Ability to multi-task with a flexible "can do" approach and willingness to undertake a variety of tasks
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of individuals, a variety of stakeholders and some challenging clients
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet strict deadlines
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, with exposure to USI and Events Perfect will be highly advantageous
- Ability to respond to new initiatives, changing conditions and shifting priorities
- Be highly organised with strong time management skills and a keen eye for detail
If you believe you have the energy, enthusiasm and experience to join the team selling private parties and school group bookings, then ‘sell’ us your strengths and qualify how you meet the requirements of this position!
Luna Park's unique entertainment precinct, versatile event spaces, first class catering facilities and unique heritage buildings see us host an array of meetings, conferences, exhibitions, weddings, special events and functions.
About the role:
We are on the hunt for a fabulous Event Manager who can facilitate the seamless coordination of the hundreds of functions held here each year. You will provide high level client contact from sale confirmation through to the commencement of the event, ensuring utmost customer satisfaction and memorable guest experiences.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of event contracts and all related documentation
- Conduct site inspections
- Maintain event booking software (USI)
- Effective liaison with all operational departments regarding the event
- Attend the weekly functions operations meeting
- Be in attendance for the commencement of each function
- Provide operational support to the sales team
To be successful in the role you will require:
This role will suit an individual with a good sense of humour and who has the capacity, flexibility and willingness to be part of a committed team. You will be able to work autonomously and possess a sound understanding of event operations within a busy venue. Strong attention to detail is essential, as is a determination to seize opportunities to surpass guest expectations and enhance guest experience from the very first moment of contact.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Food and Beverage knowledge is a distinct advantage
- Relevant qualifications in Event Management
- Commercially astute, client focused with a professional approach
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- An energetic self-starter with confidence and well developed communication skills
- The ability to up sell additional park products and services to clients.
- Advanced Microsoft Office essential; USI & Visio an advantage
If you feel you have the energy, enthusiasm and experience to be part of one of Sydney’s most loved entertainment venues then join our team by submitting your application now.
We are now casting for the charasmatic position of Showtime Manager to lead our team in serving up their unique, energetic and exciting brand of street theatre and Midway entertainment at Sydney's iconic Luna Park.
About the role:
Essentially your main focus is on the deliverance of stellar entertainment performances within the Park. You will plan cast and crew schedules, manage budgets and expenditure, source costumes and supervise all performers including the Luna Park favourites! Your smile will be resemblant of our trademark face and your friendly and animated demeanour will create memories and make you a favourite with our Guests.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Recruitment auditions and castings
- Implementation of new concepts and ideas
- Coordinating the creation, maintenance and logistics of sets, props, costumes and technical equipment
- Liaison and coordination with Internal Stakeholders
- Formulating and coordinating rosters, team appraisals and team building initiatives
- Preparing and teaching choreography
- Execution of warm-up and workshop sessions with performers to enhance park performances
- Participation as a park performer
- Ensure the financial and logistical aspects of the Showtime Department are maintained to ensure strong financial performance.
A Succesful Applicant Will Require:
- Certificate 1V in Business/equivalent or progress towards is highly desirable
- Statement of Attainment in Training and Assessment or progress towards is highly desirable
- The ability to lead, motivate and inspire a performance troupe and individual performers
- A thorough practical understanding of the budgetary and technical aspects of street theatre/stage production
- Demonstrated ability to verbally and visually articulate a vision and bring to life a concept or idea
- Ability to build relationships and liaise with internal and external customers, suppliers and contractors.
- To be available over core park hours, which include weekends and school holidays
If you are a pro-active, organised and enthusiastic individual with a background in theatre and are able to multi-task, manage simultaneous projects and utilise available resources to create a street theatre experience for our Guests that is of the highest standard then we would love to hear from you!
Luna Park Venues is one of Sydney’s finest, award-winning event and entertainment arenas. Whether it’s a corporate lunch or dinner, cocktail party, product launch or even a wedding celebration catering for 10 to 3000 guests, we invite you to play an important role in the success of Luna Park’s spectacular events and functions.
Luna Parks’ Function Catering Kitchen requires a full time Kitchen Hand who is energetic, hardworking and a good communicator with relevant experience. We are looking for a reliable and dedicated team player who enjoys contributing in a ‘hands on’ manner.
You will be completing tasks in the daily cleaning schedule and working under the direction of our experienced Chefs. In this position, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist in the set up and pack down of all kitchens (including satellite kitchens)
- Maintain clean, organised and hygienic kitchens, food service and storage areas
- Safe and correct use of kitchen equipment, following WH&S guidelines
- Safe handling and usage of cleaning chemicals and equipment, following safe work procedures guidelines
- Follow HACCP guidelines and safe work practices
- Ensure great care in the cleaning and storage of crockery and cutlery
Skills essential to your success:
- Relevant, recent experience in a similar role
- High level of personal presentation, cleanliness and hygiene
- Strong understanding of food safety, HACCP and WH&S requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Team player
- Fast mover who can perform well under pressure and take direction
- A keen eye for attention to detail
- Flexibility to work day, night and weekends is essential
Luna Park is a diverse and unique workplace where everyone plays a part in delivering memorable experiences to our guests. Uniform and laundering provided. Enjoy public transport at the door, with discounted staff parking on site and discounts on food and beverage right across the park. This is a great opportunity to work for an iconic company that offers stability and diversity.
Please apply online now with a current resume showing your relevant Kitchen Hand experience. An immediate start is available for the successful candidate.
This position does not offer sponsorship and applicants must have unrestricted work permissions.
Enjoy the fun atmosphere, amazing Milsons Point location and the unique opportunity to work on specialised machinery and equipment such as the amusement park rides and function venues
About the role:
We required a full time Electrician with industrial experience to complement our growing Maintenance team. You will be called upon to provide a range of electrical services with the added opportunity to work on specialised machinery such as amusement park rides and venue facilities/equipment including variable speed drives, relay logic and switch gear. Additionally, you will be required to assist with tasks outside of the electrical field but within your scope of experience and training; such as conducting rides checks.
The successful candidate will require:
- A current NSW Electrical licence
- Post trade industrial experience
- To be comfortable working at heights
- A general understanding of PLC operating systems and their maintenance
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and awareness of WH&S procedures
- A willingness to work full time hours over 4 days per week, with a rotating roster spread over 7 days. Shift patterns will include week days and weekend cycles with some afternoon/evening work
- A knowledge of CMMS and experience to enter and close out work orders (Desirable)
- Experience in motor switchgear, control and variable speed drives, star Delta and DOL (Desirable)
- Ability to read and interpret circuit drawings and methodical diagnostic ability tracing faults (Desirable)
If you are enthusiastic and reliable with a positive attitude and get excited by the prospect of having Luna Park as your place of work, we would love to hear from you. We offer a range of social opportunities, staff discounts, team events and a unique working environment with a culture that supports each other and exists to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical before a formal offer is made.